i told my mom they edited it and she was all ‘i’m sure they had good reason’
and i didn’t know why they did it until now.
Ummm, no. Fuck you, NBC. You don’t get to tailor an opening ceremony. It is that country’s turn to showcase themselves. If someone cut out a 9/11 tribute for a pointless interview with one of their own athletes it would probably be portrayed as a deplorable, deeply offensive insult to the American people or some bullshit like that. I’m obviously still angry about this.
Also, could you be more patronising?
“It’s a credit to Danny Boyle that it required so little editing.”
Are you kidding me? What? Because no other country could possibly do it correctly?
“We only had to fix it a little bit. Your effort was only a little bit not good enough for us. Thanks for your incredibly expensive and elaborate performance representing thousands of hours of work and the essence of your culture; it was almost acceptable as it was!”
THANK GOD THIS IS FINALLY BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED IN THE US PRESS.
I am so horribly offended by the American television network, that they cut a tribute to OUR terrorism victims. HORRIFIED. And it’s being talked about. FINALLY.
This is absolutely disgusting. I don’t think I have enough words to describe how freaking angry I am. Not only was that the most important part of the whole ceremony, it was a memorial to OUR terrorist attack victims. An attack the country is still not over, just after the country had been so elated to win the Olympics bid.
This isn’t America, I know that. It’s just the network station. But America, you have a reputation over here for only caring about yourselves. I know that is not true (I know so many lovely American citizens) but when news of this gets over here a lot of people aren’t going to think an American network cut out the tribute. They’ll be thinking America cut out the tribute. Again obviously not true. Many Americans will be just as furious about this as we are. But that’s your reputation and you need to be aware of it.
This has actually made me so angry I’m nearly crying. Why? Why on Earth would you do that? I just told my parents and they looked furious at it. What gives NBC the right to decide that they get to cut scenes from a celebration of our country’s culture. Guess what? ‘tailored for U.S audience’ Well a lot of them, believe it or not, would have wanted to see that. It was a beautiful moment in an otherwise happy, strange, wonderfully mad ceremony. I for one think it wasn’t praised enough. We couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful, touching tribute.
I have to stop now because I’ve started crying.
By the way NBC. We hold memorials over here for 9/11. Even if it isn’t ‘tailored for the U.K audience.’
I hate the NBC, that’s all I have to say. Everything else has already been said.
what the FUCK NBC JESUS
(via mysteryworthsolving)Source: sandandglass
- praytothebeat reblogged this from niftyjaguar
- mnemehoshiko likes this
- applejuiceboxhero reblogged this from shaytheowl
- hammerfromthebargainbin reblogged this from empress-nightshade
- onediwreckingmylife likes this
- felixfelicitas likes this
- gobbldygook likes this
- lillithvavi likes this
- katryd92 likes this
- fuckyeahbadam likes this
- sankai likes this
- gingers-furby reblogged this from pterydactyllys
- heretobequeer reblogged this from crazedhumor
- saunteringvaguelydownwards likes this
- shapeshifter226 reblogged this from brigantes
- this-isnt-a-snog-box likes this
- k1msterrrr reblogged this from willsanguyener
- willsanguyener reblogged this from rest-stop-old-man
- rest-stop-old-man reblogged this from jwanwan
- awkward-cacti reblogged this from helloimniall
- annalisemcnamara reblogged this from missprocrastination and added:
- mmartist91 reblogged this from teaandcrumpets
- missprocrastination reblogged this from hanasa-nai-de
- lostomnibus reblogged this from teaandcrumpets
- teaandcrumpets reblogged this from quilted-dreams
- hanasa-nai-de reblogged this from fourthseasonsoldier
- 13dwarvesandahobbit reblogged this from oswinchestered
- oswinchestered reblogged this from geeksinthetardis
- peewentz likes this
- peaceloveandfudge likes this
- thedoctorscoolbowtie reblogged this from dinosaurus-the-florist
- dinosaurus-the-florist reblogged this from moondevoured
- moondevoured reblogged this from bitchesnhoes-infinita-notte
- cinnamin-roll reblogged this from bitchesnhoes-infinita-notte
- rantsomnotes likes this
- carriesbrigade likes this
- danzapalooza reblogged this from ongreenergrasses
- iwonderofsonder likes this
- eyes-of-mars reblogged this from exilethepoet
- distortedlucidity likes this
- inkyubus reblogged this from tastethischaos and added:
- shannonkandykane reblogged this from frecklesandwings and added:
- lvl666blastoise reblogged this from weareinvictus
- lvl666blastoise likes this
- weareinvictus reblogged this from smileandlookalive
- littledrawling likes this
- steeles-life reblogged this from lovtheladies and added:
- bestrongandcurvaceous reblogged this from western-aristocracy
- cinnamonfritterderps reblogged this from 3r1u